Do you enjoy working together and beyond borders? Are you interested in European cultures, politics, languages and law? And do you want to be able to communicate with people from many different backgrounds and in several European languages? Then Kurzprofil may just be the ideal study programme for you.
Important topics in the first year are:
- European Union
- Law, politics, economics and marketing
- Intercultural Communication
As the study programme will be taught in English you will have to prove that you have a good command of the English language. You will be admitted if you have passed English as an examination subject im Abitur.
Campus in Maastricht
You will take classes at our campus located in the historic city of Maastricht, home of the Treaty of the European Union, at the centre of the Euregion Meuse-Rhine, where the borders of Belgium, Germany and The Netherlands meet. Brussels and Amsterdam are within easy reach by train.
Lower tuition fee for first-year students
If it is the first time you are enrolling in a bachelor's degree programme, then you may be eligible to pay only half of the statutory tuition fees for the first year when you are an EU-citizen.
You will learn about:
- Strategic communication in the public (governments) and private (companies) domain.
- The EU and the impact it had on national and local governments and companies.
- The foundations of Europe, by studying how major events in history, politics and cultures have shaped the European continent.
- Languages! The programme is fully taught in English. Additionally you choose one foreign language (out of German, French, Spanish).
Fakten zum Studiengang
HochschuleZuyd University of Applied Sciences
FachrichtungKultur und Gesellschaft | Soziales und Verhalten | Wirtschaft und Management
4 Jahr Studienzeit
Kosten EU: 2083 EUR/Jahr
Kosten Nicht-EU: 9500 EUR/Jahr
Can you see yourself working as a policy advisor for the European Union? Or are you more interested in working in the public relations and communication department? Even if you don’t know what you want to ‘be’ upon successful completion of the European Studies programme, the possibilities are almost endless. A few challenges European Studies graduates work on:
- Work in or with the European Parliament
- Initiate and maintain contacts for European collaboration
- Maintain social media for (governmental) institutions
- Work at an NGO/IGO
These are some examples of job opportunities for graduates in our programme:
- Public affairs manager
- Communication advisor
- Public relations manager
- Staff member at the European Parliament/House of Representatives/Ministry/Embassy
Weitere Studiengänge der Hochschule
Zuyd University of Applied Sciences