New developments in consumer behaviour and technology are forcing tourism and recreation businesses to rethink their business models and innovate their operations. Maintaining their position in the fast-paced world of e-business is a challenge which requires traditional companies to develop new products and alternative customer approaches. This is what you will learn during your degree programme in tourism management at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Broaden your horizons
- Would you like to know how tourism can contribute to the sustainable development of a destination?
- Why are Travelbird, Booking.com and KLM so successful with their travel products and online customer approach?
- What can you learn about consumer leisure behaviour and how can you align new concepts with this – such as ‘glamping’ or a unique B&B?
- How do you enhance the visitor experience in an attraction park?
- After your graduation in Breda, you can apply your expertise in the dynamic world of tourism or deepen your knowledge with a master’s study.
Meet us at a study fair in Germany? More info here!
Due to recent developments with the coronavirus outbreak, we are unfortunately unable to invite you to our campus. To make up for this, we offer several online orientation options to help you choose what to study.
Fakten zum Studiengang
HochschuleBreda University of Applied Sciences
FachrichtungWirtschaft und Management
AbschlussBachelor of Arts
3-4 Jahr Studienzeit
Kosten EU: 1984 EUR/Jahr
Kosten Nicht-EU: keine Angabe
The range of jobs within the field of tourism is as varied as the tourism destinations that you can think of. Where graduates currently work:
- e-commerce officer in a travel organisation
- yield manager at an airline company
- social media specialist at a city marketing agency
- merchandise manager in an attraction park
- entrepreneur in a recreation business
- marketeer at a tourism board
- sales/account manager for a holiday resort
- tourism destination consultant
Why study at BUAS?
- broad-based management programme, job prospects are not limited to tourism
- room for personal development and individual choices (modular system)
- practice-oriented due to continuous interaction with the industry
- world-wide network, strong international collaborative relationships
- strong link between research and education due to 50 years of experience in the industry
In the research by Nationale Studentenenquête 2016 (Student Survey) students value this programme very positively. With only a difference of 0,01 the programme ranks number 2 of the programmes in its own category.
According to Keuzegids HBO 2015 (Dutch) Breda University of Applied Sciences is the best large university of applied sciences in the Netherlands and the Tourism Management programme secured a position in the top 3 of government-funded institutions.
Breda University of Applied Sciences has been granted the UN World Tourism Organization’s TedQual certificate. This guarantees a top quality of education in tourism and leisure.
On top of that, the Tourism Management programme has been awarded a Special Distinctive Feature by the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation for the module 'Internationalisation’.
Meet us at events abroad
Throughout the year, our marketing staff - together with several student assistants - represent Breda University of Applied Sciences at study fairs and events around the world. Come visit us at any of these events to hear about our international professional and academic bachelor's and master's degree programmes first hand.
Upcoming events in Germany
München, 2-3 April 2019. Vocatium
Dortmund, 9-10 May 2019. Vocatium
Hamburg Nord, 28-29 May 2019. Vocatium
Frankfurt am Main, 28-29 May 2019. Vocatium
Bremen, 6-7 June 2019. Vocatium
Stüttgart, 17-18 July 2019. Vocatium
Essen, 17-18 September 2019. Vocatium
Bonn, 19-20 September 2019. Vocatium
Berlin, 25-26 September 2019. Vocatium
More information can be found here.