The Bachelor of Science Tourism is an English-taught academic programme offered jointly by Wageningen University and Breda University of Applied Sciences. In 3 years’ time, you will become an expert at researching tourism.
Tourism from a broader perspective
- How can tourism support the economic development of poor rural communities?
- How does the global economic recession affect tourism flows?
- What is the impact of climate change on remote island destinations?
After your graduation you can apply your knowledge to the sustainable development of tourism or continue your education by following an academic master.
Meet us at a study fair in Germany? More info here!
Fakten zum Studiengang
HochschuleBreda University of Applied Sciences
FachrichtungWirtschaft und Management
AbschlussBachelor of Science
3 Jahr Studienzeit
Kosten EU: 1984 EUR/Jahr
Kosten Nicht-EU: keine Angabe
After your graduation you can decide to continue with a master study or you can find a job in:
- strategic tourism policy making
- tourism marketing and management
- research positions at a research or consultancy firm
Work is carried out from a broader conceptual perspective than that of a future practice-oriented marketeer, project leader or entrepreneur.
Why study at BUAS?
- world-class research and education by Wageningen University and Breda University of Applied Sciences
- combining economic, social and environmental sciences
- international staff and students
- international study project in the second year
- small-scale and personal
- access to a wide range of academic masters in the Netherlands and abroad
Breda University of Applied Sciences has been granted the UN World Tourism Organization’s TedQual certificate. This guarantees top quality education in tourism and leisure.
According to Keuzegids HBO 2015 (Dutch) Breda University of Applied Sciences is the best large university of applied sciences in the Netherlands. According to Keuzegids Universiteiten 2016 (Dutch) Wageningen University is the best university in the Netherlands.
In the research by Nationale Studentenenquête 2016 (Student Survey) students value the programme Bachelor of Science Tourism at Breda University of Applied Sciences very positively.
Meet us at events abroad
Throughout the year, our marketing staff - together with several student assistants - represent Breda University of Applied Sciences at study fairs and events around the world. Come visit us at any of these events to hear about our international professional and academic bachelor's and master's degree programmes first hand.
Upcoming events in Germany
München, 2-3 April 2019. Vocatium
Dortmund, 9-10 May 2019. Vocatium
Hamburg Nord, 28-29 May 2019. Vocatium
Frankfurt am Main, 28-29 May 2019. Vocatium
Bremen, 6-7 June 2019. Vocatium
Stüttgart, 17-18 July 2019. Vocatium
Essen, 17-18 September 2019. Vocatium
Bonn, 19-20 September 2019. Vocatium
Berlin, 25-26 September 2019. Vocatium
More information can be found here.