Business Administration at University of Tartu
Bachelor of Business Administration is a 3-year full-time programme preparing students for successful entry to international or local labour market and further studies. The programme aims to develop a thorough understanding of an enterprise and its environment. It covers all major areas of business administration: business law, management, economic policy, accounting, finance, marketing, ethics, human resources, global economy, innovation and research methods.
Studies involve analysing real life cases, lectures by company representatives, group works, home assignments that engage several courses at once, company visits, drafting a business plan etc. Students are also expected to complete an internship in companies. A wide-ranging curriculum enables students to continue after graduation on the path they prefer the most.
Business Administration at University of Tartu: Course Content
1. Obligatory Base Modules (48 ECTS)
1.1. Fundamentals of Business (24 ECTS)
1.2. Economics Methodology (24 ECTS)
2. Narrow Field Modules (48 ECTS)
2.1. Business Environment (24 ECTS)
3. Specialisation Modules (48 ECTS)
3.1. Finance and Accounting (24 ECTS)
3.2. Marketing and Management (24 ECTS)
4. Elective Modules (12 ECTS)
5. Optional Courses (12 ECTS) - all courses available at the University of Tartu and other Estonian universities
6. Graduation Exam (10 ECTS) - includes bachelor seminar, graduation exam, and research paper
Fakten zum Studiengang
HochschuleUniversity of Tartu
FachrichtungWirtschaft und Management
AbschlussBachelor of Arts in Social Sciences
3 Jahr Studienzeit
Kosten EU: 3400 EUR/Jahr
Kosten Nicht-EU: 3400 EUR/Jahr
Business Administration at University of Tartu: Career
After graduation, the students have a wide range of possible career choices and opportunities. Thousands of School of Economics and Business Administration graduates work successfully in private businesses, hold important positions in public companies and institutions, or have continued in academic careers worldwide, incl. many outstanding business and political leaders, notably, Mr. Siim Kallas, former Vice-President of the European Commission. After completion of the BBA degree, there are equal opportunities to continue at master's level.
Business Administration at University of Tartu: Admission
- Secondary education
- English language proficiency (IELTS - 5.5; TOEFL - 75)
- The state exam result/final grade in Mathematics
- The score of the motivation letter
Weitere Studiengänge der Hochschule
WHY study Business Administration at the University of Tartu?
- Due to its geopolitical position the Estonian economy has always been very international and linked to global economic community.
- Estonia is one of the most dynamic and innovative regions in the European Union known for its modern IT solutions and communication technologies. Many globally successful businesses like Skype, Playtech and Ericsson are located in Estonia.
- The University of Tartu is the forerunner of business education and research in Estonia with the focus of providing high quality business education in the rapidly changing global economic situation.
- The Business Administration is taught fully in the English language in a multicultural group of students. Extensive practical learning is an integral part of the studies
The application deadline is April 15.