How can we construct machines using less material? And how can we get these machines to run on renewable energy? And what about human-machine interaction? The future holds great challenges for mechanical engineers.
Mechanical Engineering is an English-taught international bachelor's course. It trains students to design and optimise machines. As a mechanical engineer, you have to be an independent professional, trained to design and optimize machines. You work in research and design (R&D), project management or production. And you deal with lots of different disciplines. That requires flexibility. People skills. Imagination. For you that will not be a problem. With your BSC Mechanical Engineering you are ready to contribute to the team and to innovate. Whatever challenge you face.
- Basics of Mechanical Engineering (Constructional Systems, Energy Systems).
- Construction and applying knowledge in projects.
- Energy Systems and working in bi-disciplinary project groups.
- Specialised subjects on either Constructional Design or
- Energy Systems design with extra focus on Automation.
- Multidisciplinary project groups that work on real-life projects.
- Mechanical Engineering Internship at internationally oriented company.
- Production Facilities (design, operating and optimising).
- Graduation Assignment.
Fakten zum Studiengang
HochschuleHogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen (HAN)
AbschlussBachelor of Science
4 Jahr Studienzeit
Kosten EU: 2143 EUR/Jahr
Kosten Nicht-EU: 8540 EUR/Jahr
As a mechanical engineer, you will be in high demand in both the commercial and public sectors. Industries you could work in range from the process industry and the food and agricultural industry, to automation and sustainable energy.
Mechanical engineering jobs held by our graduates are:
- Constructional Engineer / Product Designer
- Energy Systems Engineer
- Project Leader
- Production Manager
To start the Bachelors course in Mechanical Engineering you need to meet certain criteria. You need to have completed your secondary education at a level similar to Dutch secondary education. As the course is taught in English, a sufficient level of fluency in English is needed as well.
Secondary education and fluency in English
- Certificate of secondary education that is at a comparable level to Dutch secondary education: e.g. Havo or Vwo, Level 4 diploma from a Dutch MBO college, International Baccalaureate, Abitur or Fachhochschulreife, General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE-A level), High school with A or B grades, Sekolah Menegah Atas (SMA).
- Proof of English language proficiency: e.g. TOEFL iBT score of 80 or higher, IELTS score of 6.0 or higher, Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), Cambridge Certificate in Proficiency of English (CPE).
If you take a TOEFL test, you can ask ETS TOEFL to send us your score directly by using the HAN University of Applied Sciences code: 7832.
Other admission criteria
To take this course, you should preferably have sufficient grades in the subjects: