Science and Technology at University of Tartu
Science and Technology is a 3-year bachelor's programme offering a broad overview of natural and exact sciences and technologies. Students have an option to choose between 3 specialisations: genetics and biotechnology; bioengineering and robotics; chemistry and materials science. After graduating from the programme, students have an option to continue studies in any natural science field or work for technology companies in Estonia and abroad.
Why Science and Technology?
- Innovative programme which offers a broad understanding and synthesis of the basics of natural and technological sciences.
- You do not have to choose immediately your exact area of specialisation, but you can get to know different fields of natural and exact sciences and then choose the area that interests you the most.
- You can choose between three specialisations: genetics and biotechnology; bioengineering and robotics; chemistry and materials science.
- The emphasis is on acquiring practical skills by relating theory to applications. The programme promotes specialised entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial training which brings students to entreprises that need their input.
- A chance to continue your master's studies in Tartu as there are currently 3 master's programmes for science & technology students (and more are being developed in the future!)
- Studying in English opens an international horizon and is a strong basis for further studies.
- Modern laboratories and study buildings in the university's science campus.
Science and Technology at University of Tartu: Course Content
- Obligatory base module - courses covering biology, chemistry, mathematics, programming, and physics.
- Narrow field module - courses offering field knowledge in biochemistry, biology, genetics, electronics, and statistics.
- Specialisation modules:
- 1. Genetics and Biotechnology
- 2. Bioengineering and Robotics;
- 3. Chemistry and Materials.
- Elective module - an option to choose from a list of technical courses
- Optional courses - all courses available at UT and other universities
- Bachelor's thesis
Fakten zum Studiengang
HochschuleUniversity of Tartu
AbschlussBachelor of Science
3 Jahr Studienzeit
Kosten EU: 3740 EUR/Jahr
Kosten Nicht-EU: 3740 EUR/Jahr
Science and Technology at University of Tartu: Career
Graduates can continue studies in any natural science or work for technology companies in Estonia and abroad.
Science and Technology at University of Tartu: Admission
- Completed secondary education (before the academic year starts)
- English language proficiency
- State exam result/final grade in Mathematics
- State exam result/final grade in either Biology, Chemistry or Physics - highest result will be considered
- Score of the motivation letter
Weitere Studiengänge der Hochschule
Student Life at the University of Tartu
The city of Tartu – where the main campus is located – is known as the students capital of Estonia with over 400 years of student traditions. The rhythm and environment of the university town are great for studying and living student life to the fullest. There are number of student organisations and clubs that enhance on and off-campus social life. Students can join professional organizations and find traditions in academic student organizations.
The application deadline is April 15.