This English-taught professional bachelor's programme prepares you for a career in the international leisure industry. In 3 or 4 years’ time, you will become a professional in this creative and dynamic industry. During this education you learn how to create memorable and meaningful experiences which contribute to a more beautiful world.
Power and passion
- Can you convert an old factory into a multicultural community centre?
- Are you able to organise a sensational music festival or dance event?
- Could you develop a fascinating concept for the world of top-class sport?
After your graduation as a leisure manager you will be able to combine creativity, business insight and organisational skills in creating meaningful leisure products!
Meet us at a study fair in Germany? More info here!
Fakten zum Studiengang
HochschuleBreda University of Applied Sciences
FachrichtungWirtschaft und Management
AbschlussBachelor of Arts
3-4 Jahr Studienzeit
Kosten EU: 1984 EUR/Jahr
Kosten Nicht-EU: keine Angabe
As a leisure manager, you could take up a career in:
- music labels
- sports centres
- theme parks
- conference/event agencies
- development of leisure areas
You may be in charge of the operational management of a company, the development of new leisure products, the organisation of exhibitions, conferences or events or involved in processes regarding societal matters where leisure plays an important role.
Why study at BUAS?
- recognised by the World Leisure Organization as the only World Leisure Centre of Excellence in Europe, and the third one in the world
- imagineering, you learn how to create experience worlds at a qualitative level
- international classroom
- academic honours programme: in 3 years’ time bachelor’s degree Leisure & Events Management and pre-master with direct access to Master of Science Leisure Studies
- Breda University of Applied Sciences has 50 years of experience in leisure and tourism
According to Keuzegids HBO 2015 (Dutch) Breda University of Applied Sciences is the best large university of applied sciences in the Netherlands and the Leisure & Events Management programme secured a position in the top 3 of government-funded institutions. By Elsevier (a renowned Dutch magazine), this programme was voted as the best.
International accreditations from the World Leisure Organization underline the quality of education in the field of leisure at Breda University of Applied Sciences. International Leisure & Events Management has been awarded the special distinctive feature of ‘Imagineering’ by the NVAO.
The programme was voted No.1 in its own category in the Nationale Studentenenquête 2016 (Student Survey).
The Leisure & Events Management programme has been awarded a Special Distinctive Feature by the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation for the ‘Imagineering’ module.
Meet us at events abroad
Throughout the year, our marketing staff - together with several student assistants - represent Breda University of Applied Sciences at study fairs and events around the world. Come visit us at any of these events to hear about our international professional and academic bachelor's and master's degree programmes first hand.
Upcoming events in Germany
München, 2-3 April 2019. Vocatium
Dortmund, 9-10 May 2019. Vocatium
Hamburg Nord, 28-29 May 2019. Vocatium
Frankfurt am Main, 28-29 May 2019. Vocatium
Bremen, 6-7 June 2019. Vocatium
Stüttgart, 17-18 July 2019. Vocatium
Essen, 17-18 September 2019. Vocatium
Bonn, 19-20 September 2019. Vocatium
Berlin, 25-26 September 2019. Vocatium
More information can be found here.